things to do, tours & activities
What's On At Robe
- What happens during the year at Robe
- Robe Boat & Fishing Festival January www.robeboatshow.com.au
- VAC Swim - January
- Cape Jaffa Seafood & Wine Festival - January
- Day on the Estte @ Wehl’s Mt Benson Winery - January
- Karatta by Moonlight @ Karatta House - January
- Australia Day @ The Foreshore Official Ceremony - January 26
- Robe Football Club Offshore Fishing Competition - January
- Southern Ports Golf Week -Last weekend in February
- Robe Easter Surf Classic
- Onboard Robe Easter Classic – Wave Sailing/Kitesurfing
- Robe Primary School Fete at Easter
- Lucindale Field Days - March
- Robe Anzac Day March 25th April
- April Health Harmany & Happiness Weekend
- Flying Doctor Bush Picnic @ Peel’s farm - April
- Robe Football Club Goods & Services Auction – April
- Blessing of the Fleet – Usually last Sunday in September
- Robe Southern Ocean Art Prize - October
- Shirazzamatazz at Mount Benson – see, do, eat, drink chill out amongst the vines! October
- Christmas Pagent
- Christmas Eve – Santa @ The Wharf
- Robe Boat Fishing Festival January
For the Nature lovers There is Fishing, Little Dip Conservation Park, Long Beach, West Beach, Karratta Beach, Hoopers Beach, 4-Wheel driving, Walks and even Bird watching.
For the Wine lovers Take a look at the Mt Benson Wine Region Map and follow the trail of local Wine Cellar doors. Be tempted by wines and gourmet goodies from the Limestone Coast.
For the Historians Visit the Historical Interpretation Centre in The Visitor Information Centre. They will offer many brochures that will keep you busy filling in your day. Take a look out at The Obelisk & Old Gaol, visit the Robe Customs House and enjoy the Heritage Drive.
For the 4Wheel Drivers Take a trip from Robe to Beachport through the Little Dip National Park, not forgetting to take a map of Canunda National Park and the tide times. When you just think it can’t get any better, try the drive along Long Beach via Lings Road to Wrights Bay then on the beach to Cape Jaffa.
For the guests that just can’t sit still Take a 30 minute drive to Beachport, go via the Little Dip National Park to the picturesque bay of Nora Creina. There is a small whisper of a nudist camp, we'll leave it up to you to find out. At Beachport take in the Historical jetty, Bompa’s Hotel for a coffee or to quench your thirst, a therapeutic swim in the Pool of Siloam. On your way home, it is a MUST to call into the Woakwine cutting, history in its making.
Kingston is 30 minutes drive in the other direction. Grab a designated driver and visit the famous Mt Benson Wine Region many cellar doors. Cape Jaffa is the next port of call to view the crayfish fleet and the new marina. If you have your credit card, you could even put a down payment on a Marina block of land. At Kingston, check out the Kingston Museum and climb the Cape Jaffa Lighthouse. Larry the Lobster will be waiting for you at the other end of town for you to take his photo. The kids will love it!
Naracoorte is just over an hour's drive away and home of “The Sheep’s Back” Museum at the Information Centre. The Mini Jumbuck shop is a Must especially to check out all the second’s in quilts, underlays and wool pillows. But the big one is the world heritage listed Naracoorte Caves. There is an Emu farm at Avenue and the Limestone Coast Cheese Company at Lucindale.
Penola is an hour's drive from Robe and home of the Mary McKillop. Check out the Visitor Information Centre and view the Mary McKillop Interpretive Centre. Penola is a historic Scottish town. The famous Coonawarra Wine Region is north of Penola.
Millicent & Mt Gambier are 1 ½ hour drive from Robe. The Living History Museum is located at the Visitor Information Centre and don’t forget the famous “The Domain” playground. Check out the windfarm. Tantanoola Cave is between Millicent and Mt Gambier. Mt Gambier is famous for its Blue Lake and volcanic systems.
Harold's Coastal Cottage
Cottage 2, 33 Harold Street
Robe, SA 5276
Contact Abby: 0427027148
i know how important this is to you so I will contact you ASAP!!